11 September 2011

Lucky

I would've mentioned towards the end of last week as being crappy and that most things just seemed to be going against me. I know I shouldn't whine because compared to a lot of people, I probably am considered to have everything. Normally when things don't go right (I don't think there's much that can go wrong - I'd like to believe I lead a very simple life. And life isn't perfect, but with a roof over my head and not having to go to bed hungry, it's pretty damn good), I'd brush em off and convince myself that
1)they happen for a reason
2)they are fated to happen to avoid things even worse
3)minor hiccups do happen in life every once in a while
4)there are lessons to be learnt for future reference and
5)it won't be long before life is good/awesome again.

It was probably things happening one after another that finally made me crack (well that and pms). I lost a lot monetarily, wasted a lot of time, went on an emotional rollercoaster, and even lost some self-esteem. The gloomy/rainy weather certainly didn't help. So I decided to cocoon myself in the room the past few days. Now after 4 or 5 movies, all the macro and microsleeps, and food, things have been starting to look up, especially considering all the other little things (sometimes being grateful helps :p).

-Managed to use the washing machine without much competition from the other residents
-Back to sunny (tho still windy) weather
-My attempts to book flights to and fro home have gone through (thus no longer being nagged by mum)
-Car works in progress (will still need to get the opinion of my garageguy to help decide on something)
-Requested a movie to be downloaded by one of the hostel residents (and he/she is downloading now. actually could've sat in the wards while it was looped continuously for a few days while I was doing paediatrics at another hospital)
-Went for job training (which actually is pretty light but the pay does not start/rise for a bit of time. a bit of regret having bought tickets back home but meh)
-I think I can still survive this month but mum said to use credit card for stuff
-Going caving soon (have booked the 'tour'/acco etc)
-Someone made a song for me

So yep. Life's good again (albeit gonna be busier) :D
Here is a catchy song I've been replaying

No comments:

Post a Comment